Once you have planned the type of business to create Callister law will be instrumental in forming your business entity. Depending on the size of the business, your management structure, and your regulatory and tax requirements we can make certain to create a comprehensive operating agreement and to draft and submit necessary entity filings with the states of Nevada or Idaho.
The firm has considerable experience in creating and drafting:
- Entity applications and renewals to Secretary of State
- Sole Proprietorship
- Limited Liability Companies
- Series LLC, a unique structure only available in Nevada and a handful of other states
- Professional Limited Liability Companies
- Family limited Partnerships, which is often a useful in Trusts, Estates, and Guardianship tool
- S Corporations
- C Corporations
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Trademarks, Copyrights and other Intellectual Property
- Municipal licensing
- Employment agreements
Mergers and Acquisitions
The firm currently advises corporations and other entities on cross border mergers, acquisitions, consolidations and other types of reorganizations. Callister law can assist you in negotiating and drafting during all phases of these transactions.
No matter how the reorganization is structured the firm can work closely with you and advise you on the strategic business and legal planning necessary for which can be very complicated transactions.
Some important legal considerations that Callister law can help you navigate:
- Due Diligence:
- Corporate Governance:
Jonathan Callister can ensure your merger and acquisition complies with state and federal law that govern business transactions. He can help you decide on the right structure for the deal, draft and negotiate the terms of the transaction, obtain any third-party consents and close on the transaction.
The firm has valuable experience with these types of transactions. Our clients trust us to structure, negotiate, and document transactions in order to guarantee the benefits and mitigate the risks of the dealings. Jonathan Callister has spent a great deal of time drafting commercial contracts in a large scope of industries and business sectors.
These agreements include:
- Licensing and distribution agreements
- Master services agreements
- Manufacture and supply agreements
- Joint Ventures and strategic alliances
- Consulting agreements
- Marketing, promotion and merchandising agreements
- Non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements
- Reseller Agreements
Emerging Companies and Venture Capital
The law firm has the much-needed experience of advising entrepreneurs and early-stage start ups in many industries and stages of development. His clients trust him to advise and assist them with:
- Organizational matters
- Entity selection
- Ownership and Capital structure
- Compensation and option plans
- Employment agreements and employee handbooks
- Securities regulation and disclosure
- Compensation and option plans
- Angel financing
- Private placements
- Venture capital
- Financing strategies
- Exit strategies
- Intellectual property and trade secrets
- Public offerings
With the ever-changing needs of business today, Jonathan Callister will be there to help counsel you from a start up to a recognized commercial enterprise.
Franchise Law & Distribution
The firm can assist franchisors, franchisees, dealers and distributors navigate the complicated area of third-party distribution.
- Jonathan Callister can be instrumental for a franchise or distributor in:
- Disputes and enforcement
- Advertising and marketing practices
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Negotiation of franchise, distribution and licensing agreements
- Structuring and expansion strategies
When considering creating a nonprofit or you currently operate one there are many legal considerations which need to be addressed from: Incorporation, bylaws, tax exemptions, insurance, intellectual property, real estate, employment policies. Starting a nonprofit, 501(c)3, or charity is a complex endeavor.
From the formation of the nonprofit, to charity operations to employee relations, nearly every facet of your enterprise involves compliance issues. Every nonprofit organization needs legal counsel at some point.
Callister law can guide through the process of forming a not for profit organization, so you can stay focused on your mission. Jonathan Callister is here to assist your charitable organization with an any questions or concerns.